VL Restaurant at Vaughan Lodge Lahinch has a reputation for fine food and seafood, and provides the village’s premier Elegant Dining venue. We have been awarded 2 Rosettes for exceptional cuisine from the Automobile Association of Ireland in May 2017. VL Restaurant was voted best place to dine by Ennis Chamber of Commerce in 2017 and we achieved Best Dining Experience at the Irish Hospitality Awards also in 2017.
Good food and good service are the foundation of a successful restaurant. VL Restaurant, Lahinch is a special treat. We focus on classical fine dining dishes and present them in a modern twist. There is always a balance between pure fine dining and what constitutes popular local tastes. Pawel Giasiorowski is the Head Chef. Pawel has worked with us before as Sous Chef and has since has gained much experience in some of the finest kitchens in Ireland and abroad. He has an elegant approach to food, flavours and his matching of ingredients is innovative and rewarding to the palate. The food is balanced and well presented. Quality ingredients are sourced locally and from afar. We let the food and its provenance do the talking!! We are blessed with a plentiful supply of fish locally from Carrigaholt. Prime fish is our delight but these days supply often varies. Our repertoire will often include Halibut, Turbot, John Dory, Scallops, Langoustine, Lobster, Sole, Sea Bream and other local specials. We are happy to make arrangements for special orders a day in advance. Our meats are sourced from the midlands for our Hereford dry aged Fillet. Lamb from the Burren is in short supply so we often have to resource a little further away. Wonderful Duck from Cork is supplied and cooked to perfection. Take a look at our sample menu for more details.
Dress: The restaurant is smart casual in style – shorts are not normally worn but otherwise there is no stipulation.
Wines: A modest list of about 80 wines specially selected by Michael is available
Awards: Recommended by
- AA Ireland 2 Rosettes 2017/18
- Mc Kenna Guides of 100 Best Places to Stay and eat in Ireland in 2018
- Mc Kennas Guide to Dining on the Wild Atlantic Way 2018
- Georgina Campbell’s Guide to Ireland 2018
- Best Place to Dine in Clare 2017
- Best Dining Experience – Irish Hospitality Awards 2017
- Bord Bia – Just Ask winner June 2014
- Trip Advisor members voted us no1 Fine Dining Restaurant choice in the area for the past three years
- Michelin Guide
- Please Note: The restaurant is open 5 nights a week. Normally Tuesday through to Saturday nights. Please contact the hotel for exact details at time of booking.