VL Restaurant at Vaughan Lodge Lahinch has a reputation for fine food and seafood, and provides the village’s premier fine dining venue. Good food and good service are the foundation of a successful restaurant. VL Restaurant, Lahinch is a special treat. We focus on the classics and present them in a modern twist. We are always trying to balance pure fine dining with popular local tastes. John Gilmartin is the Head Chef. John has gained much experience in some of the finest kitchens in Ireland and abroad. John continues the simple elegant approach to food, flavours and his matching of ingredients is sublime. The food is balanced and well presented. Quality ingredients are sourced locally and from afar. We let the food and its provenance do the talking!! We are blessed with a plentiful supply of fish locally from Carrigaholt. Supply often varies from day to day but will often include Halibut, Hake, Scallops, Langoustine, Lobster, Sole, Sea Bream and other local specials each day. We are happy to make arrangements for special orders a day in advance. Our meats are sourced from the midlands for our Hereford dry aged Fillet. Lamb from the Burren is in short supply so we often have to resource a little further away. Wonderful Duck from Cork is supplied and cooked to perfection. Take a look at our sample menu for more details.
Dress: The restaurant is smart casual in style – shorts are not normally worn but otherwise there is no stipulation.
Wines: A modest list of about 80 wines specially selected by Michael is available
Awards: Recommended by
- Mc Kenna Guides of 100 Best Places to Stay and eat in Ireland in 2016
- Mc Kennas Guide to Dining on the Wild Atlantic Way 2016
- Georgina Campbell’s Guide to Ireland 2016
- Bord Bia – Just Ask winner June 2014
- Trip Advisor members voted us no1 in Lahinch for the past three years
- Michelin Guide
- Please Note: The restaurant is open 5 nights a week. Normally Tuesday through to Saturday nights. Please contact the hotel for exact details at time of booking.